Kangaroo Mouse

The kangaroo mouse lives in the dessert. There are many predators such as the sand fish, sand cat, dessert owl, grasshopper mouse and many more. The kangaroo mouse eats seeds, grains, and more seeds. The kangaroo mouse has long ears, big feet, a bushy tail, and the colors of its fur are brown, white and tan. These colors help the kangaroo mouse blend into the surrounding habitat and stay hidden from predators.

.f_1567a9ed99

16 thoughts on “Kangaroo Mouse

1. Dear Emme,
    I just logged back in to EduBlogs to see if any more ranchers had posted their animal reports. What did I see but a little kangaroo mouse and a beautiful paragraph! I remember your report last year so well when you told us that kangaroo mice eat….SEEDS! It made me smile! I can’t wait until your next post.
    Happy blogging,
    Mrs. Fordyce

2. Dear Emme,

The kangaroo mouse is so cute and I love what you did for your presentation it was so cute when you came and said ware are my SEEDS i do not know and you came up to me and Nikki it was so fun. What is your favorite animal?

From Mia

3. Dear Emme
    I did not know that the kangaroo mouse’s predators are the sand fish, sand cat, and desert owl. I did not know that they use camoflauge to hide from it’s predators.

From,
    Carter

P.S. Watch out for Coen and Simone!

4. Hi Emme,
    Kangaroo mice are really interesting. My mom and my sister think they are cute. How do they balance on two legs? Most mice have four legs.
    Have a good night.
    From,
    Lucas

5. That is so awesome that there is a kangaroo mouse. Its amazing that its like a kangaroo+mouse=kangaroo mouse. Why did you wright about a kangaroo mouse? Im not saying I would like you to do something else.

from,
    Noah M.

6. Wow – It is amazing to know that these Kangaroo mice are in deserts all over the world (except the polar deserts)! I will look for one next time I am trekking the deserts!

7. Dear Emme,
    I like the picture of the kangaroo mouse. I wish you wrote a tiny bit more about how big the kangaroo mouse can get. I wonder how fast they can run?
    From,
    Bianca