Astronaut PT

Life in space

Have you ever wanted to see the stars up close? Have you ever wanted to feel weightless? If you answered yes to those questions, then you might be interested in a job as an astronaut. However, the job of being an astronaut is very hard. Not only is an astronaut hard on their body, but they need to train a lot before going into space, and they have difficult jobs to do

while in space.

First, being in space is hard on the on the astronaut’s

body. According to source #2, “Astronaut’s other muscles and their bones can also get weaker.” On earth, we run around and exercise with gravity, which helps our muscles and bones grow strong. In space, there is no gravity, so astronauts have to exercise extra hard to keep their muscles and bones strong. If you see astronauts headed to space with a treadmill, now you know why.

Second, not only do the astronauts need to exercise they also need to train a LOT so when they go to space so they are prepared. Some of the astronauts scuba dive before going to space. They also need to exercise in space too. Basically they need to exercise every where but a lot more in space. But it is hard on the family too because the astronaut can’t spend much time with its family the astronaut.

Third, an astronaut’s job in space is not that easy. Some of the astronauts in space fly the space ships. Some fix things.some even do science. But all of these jobs matter because they are all important.

Conclusion, an astronaut’s life isn’t that easy. As you have read, just going to space can harm an astronaut’s body. Even before an they go into space, they have to train for hours to prepare. Once they are in space, they have a difficult jobs to do. So next time you look up at the stars and see a satellite drifting through the night sky, remember all the hard work astronaut’s did to make that happen.

Works Cited

Source #1: “What Is An Astronaut” by Talia Yee  Source #2: “Life In Space” by Aaron Higgins327_small_by_saccstry-d6e7nb3

2 thoughts on “Astronaut PT

1. Dear Emme,
    I’m happy that you posted the work you did on the astronaut assignment. This was such an amazing experience to write this together with the class. What did you learn about being an astronaut that surprised you?

Happy trails,
    Mrs. Fordyce

2. Dear Emme,
    You did a great job posting about our practice performance task. I learned a lot about Astronauts and what they do in space and how they get ready to go too. I’m curious about space and maybe someday want to experience what it actually is like, but it seems to me because of the research that the class learned about the body in space, sounds kind of creepy to me. I still love to research the stars, space stations and planets the provide many things for my family and I and for everyone on earth including you. If I have a passion and curiosity on anythings it’s mostly on space. Even though traveling into space can be frightening for me or some astronauts it’s still really cool to learn about astronauts and there big step which means, traveling into space.
    by all means,
    Katie